Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Old-school venison pie with juniper, rosemary & bay
- olive oil
- 3 medium red onions, peeled and sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 sticks celery, trimmed and chopped
- 4 field mushrooms, peeled
- 1 kg quality stewing venison, cut into 2cm cubes
- a few sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves picked and chopped
- a few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves picked
- a few fresh bay leaves
- sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 5-6 juniper berries, bashed in a pestle and mortar
- 500 ml ale, preferably Scottish
- 1 heaped tablespoon plain flour
- 350 g ready-made all-butter puff pastry
- 1 large free-range egg, beaten
Directions:View on Jamie Oliver
Why don't we display directions?