Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Old Fashioned Apple Pie
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for rolling
- 1/2 cup finely ground blanched almonds or almond flour (can substitute 1/2 cup flour if you don't have almonds)
- 16 Tbsp (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into 1/2 inch cubes, chilled in freezer for at least 15 minutes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 heaping teaspoon brown sugar
- 3 to 6 Tbsp water, very cold
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 pounds of 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices of peeled and cored good cooking apples such as Granny Smith, Pippin, Golden Delicious
- 1 1/2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 Tbsp cream
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?