Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Old-Fashioned Mixed-Apple Pie
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 cups (2 1/2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup non-hydrogenated solid vegetable shortening, cut into 4 pieces, frozen
- 6 tablespoons (or more) ice water
- 2 1/4 pounds assorted apples (such as Pink Lady, Pippin, and Golden Delicious), peeled, quartered, cored, cut into 1/2-inch-thick wedges
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup golden or dark raisins
- 2 1/2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (packed) finely grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg or ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) chilled unsalted butter, cut into1/2-inch cubes
- Milk (for glaze)
- 1 tablespoon raw sugar*
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?