Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 2 pounds meaty beef shank (soup) bone, or 2 quarts Basic Meat or Chicken Broth (made with beef (see Notes)); do not use canned broth
- 1 smoked ham hock, about ¾ pound
- 2 medium white onions, trimmed, split lengthwise, peeled, and chopped
- 1-½ pounds small, tender okra (about 8 cups), trimmed and thinly sliced
- 3 pounds ripe tomatoes, scalded, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- Salt and whole black pepper in a peppermill
- Fresh Bird’s Eye Peppers
- 1-½ cups hot Low Country Steamed Rice (see Notes)
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 274kcal (14%)|
|Total Fat 9g (14%)|
|Saturated Fat 3g (14%)|
|Cholesterol 27mg (9%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 31g|
|Dietary Fiber 7g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|