Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
New England Clam Chowder Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds small hard-shell clams, such as Manila
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice, peel and scraps reserved
- 1 medium celery stalk, small dice, peel and scraps reserved
- 1 medium carrot, small dice, peel and scraps reserved
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 ounces smoked bacon, small dice (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 3 medium red potatoes, medium dice, reserved in cold water
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme leaves
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, minced
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?