Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
New England Clam Chowder
- 5 cups diced potatoes (skin on optional)
- 1 large diced onion
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 piece salt pork (around 5 ounces)
- 3-4 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 ounces all purpose flour
- 5 cans chopped clams - 6.5 ounce cans
- 2 8-ounce bottles clam juice
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 lb. thick sliced bacon sliced and diced thin
- 1 tablespoon clam shrimp or seafood base for flavor (optional but does add great flavor)
- chopped chives for garnish
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?