Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Mussel and Fennel Bisque
- 2 pounds mussels, scrubbed, debearded
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups (about) bottled clam juice or low-salt chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 1/2 cups 1/2-inch cubes fresh fennel bulbs, divided, fennel fronds chopped and reserved for garnish
- 1/4 cup 1/4-inch cubes peeled carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped shallots (about 2 large)
- 1/4 cup long-grain rice
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon brandy
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?