Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Moravian Crisps with Royal Icing
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening (trans-fat-free)
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsulfured molasses (not blackstrap)
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1-pound) box confectioners sugar
- 4 teaspoons powdered egg whites (not reconstituted) such as Just Whites
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- Equipment: a pastry or flour-sack cloth and a cloth rolling-pin sleeve; decorative cookie cutters;a small offset spatula; pastry bags fitted with pastry tips
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?