Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Mixed Mushroom Casserole Recipe
- 1 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (about 1 cup), broken in half if large
- 2 cups boiling water
- 4 ounces French baguette , cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter , plus more for coating the baking dish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces chanterelle mushrooms , stems trimmed and cut in half
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms , stems trimmed and cut in half or quartered if large
- 1/3 cup small-dice shallot (from about 1 medium shallot)
- 3/4 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg , lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces Cambozola cheese , cut into small pieces (rind included)
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?