Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Mixed-Mushroom and Tarragon Gravy
- 2 ounces dried porcini mushrooms
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 large shallot, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 3 large garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 pound fresh crimini (baby bella) mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stemmed, caps sliced
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 cup dry vermouth or dry white wine
- 4 1/4 cups
- or low-salt chicken broth, divided
- 1/2 cup crme frache
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh tarragon
- ingredient info: Dried porcini and crme frache are available at many supermarkets and at specialty foods stores.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?