Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Mile End's Knishes
- 2 pounds russet potatoes (about 4 potatoes), scrubbed clean
- 1 1/2 pounds yukon gold potatoes (6 to 8 potatoes), scrubbed clean
- 2 parsnips, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1/2 celery root, peeled, trimmed, and roughly chopped
- 2 medium white onions, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons
- or canola oil
- 2 fresh bay leaves
- Diamond Crystal kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large eggs
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup
- , at room temperature, or canola oil
- 5 1/3 cups all-purpose flour (reduce flour to 5 cups if using canola oil)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1 additional large egg, beaten, for the egg wash
- Poppy seeds, sesame seeds, caraway seeds, or other toppings of your choice
- Spicy brown mustard, such as Gulden's, for serving
Directions:View on Serious Eats
Why don't we display directions?