Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Mexican Chicken Soup with Lime (Sopa de Lima)
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups canola or corn oil for frying
- 6 corn tortillas
- 1 1/4 cup chopped white onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 habanero chile, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1 pound tomatoes (2 large), cored, peeled, and chopped (or 1 cup of canned crushed tomatoes)
- 2 quarts of chicken stock (homemade is best)
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano (preferably Mexican oregano if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1 1/2 pounds of skinless, boneless chicken thighs (or breasts if you prefer, we like the stronger taste of thighs), trimmed of excess fat, and cut in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup lime juice (from 2 to 4 limes, depending on the size)
- 1 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped (stems included) for garnish
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and roughly chopped for garnish
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?