Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Mascarpone Semifreddo with Strawberries and Black Pepper Honey
- 4 cups heavy cream
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped or ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 ounces (1 cup) mascarpone
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 10 egg yolks
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 quart strawberries, cleaned and sliced into quarters
- ¼ cup wildflower honey, or any unfiltered honey
- ¼ teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- DirectionsTo make the semifreddo; In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, combine yolks and 1 cup sugar. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes, then turn mixer to high and beat for an additional 5 minutes, or until the yolks are light and fluffy. Transfer the yolk mixture to a large mixing bowl. In a clean, dry bowl of a stand mixer, combine heavy cream, vanilla bean seeds (or vanilla extract) and confectioners sugar. Whisk cream mixture on medium-low for 2 minutes, then increase speed to medium and whisk until soft peaks form. Add mascarpone, and whisk on low until incorporated. Gently fold cream mixture into yolk mixture, until there are no streaks. Transfer semifreddo to a frezzer proof container. Freeze at least 8 hours before serving.
Directions:View on Framed Cooks
Why don't we display directions?