Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- 85g unsalted butter , plus extra for spreading
- 4 onions , halved and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves , peeled and smashed
- 1.5kg/3lb 5oz stewing steak , cut into large cubes
- 850ml beef stock
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 400ml can Guinness
- about 10 thyme sprigs, tied into a bunch
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp light muscovado sugar
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2-4 tbsp mushroom ketchup (optional, see Know-how, below)
- 1 celery heart, trimmed and sliced
- about 2 tsp Marmite
- about 25 thin slices French bread (about baguette - day-old is fine)
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?