Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Maque Choux Recipe
- 4 ounces bacon, medium dice (about 3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 pound fresh okra, ends and stems removed and cut into 1/4-inch-thick coins
- 1 medium red bell pepper,
- seeded, and medium dice
- 1 medium yellow onion, small dice
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeo pepper, stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels (from about 5 medium ears)
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?