Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Maple-Gingerbread Layer Cake with Salted Maple-Caramel Sauce
- 3/4 cup pecan halves,
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup (preferably Grade B)
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/3 cup chopped crystallized ginger (1 1/2 to 2 ounces)
- 1 cup maple sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 2/3 cup mild-flavored (light) molasses
- 1 1/3 cups chilled crme frache
- 1 1/3 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup maple sugar
- 6 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Ingredient info: Chinese five-spice powdera spice blend that usually contains ground fennel seeds, Sichuan peppercorns, cinnamon, star anise, and clovesis available in the spice section of most supermarkets. Crme frache is sold at most supermarkets and at specialty foods stores.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?