Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Maple-Braised Butternut Squash with Fresh Thyme
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) butter
- 1 3- to 3 1/2-pound butternut squash, cut lengthwise in half, peeled, seeded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 1/4 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon (or more) black pepper
- Braising (sautéing, then cooking low and slow in a bit of liquid) is most often associated with meat, but it's also a great way to cook veggies. Fibrous vegetables like butternut squash are the perfect candidate for braising. The braising liquid infuses the squash with flavor and makes it very tender.
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?