Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Manhattan Clam Chowder
- 2 slices bacon (can sub with 2 more Tbsp olive oil)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 bay leaves
- 12 ounces of tomato juice, strained tomatoes or crushed tomatoes
- 1 14-ounce can of clam broth or juice*
- 2 10-ounce cans of baby clams, juice reserved*
- 1 pound waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- A dozen or so live small clams, such as littlenecks or Manila clams
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Tabasco or other hot sauce
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?