Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
- Make sure you have the wooden shape Mamool molder (specifically for these sweets).
- DOUGH (recipe is for 45 Mamool pastries):
- 1 kg rough semolina
- 1/2 kg ground semolina
- 600 grams of shortening
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1/4 cup Orange Blossom Water
- 1 1/4 cup rose water
- Depending on the filling you want to make, the ingredients are below. If you want to make all the fillings, you have to repeat the dough ingredients for each filling:
- WALNUT FILLING:
- 3/4 kg finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp flower water
- Mix all the ingredients for the walnut filling together.
- For the pistachio filling you substitute pistachios for walnuts and you also add 1 tsp Orange blossom water
- DATE FILLING:
- 1/2 kg of mashed and pureed dates
- 2 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbs grinded anise seeds
- 1/2 tbs mahlab (Arabic spice)
- Mix all the ingredients for the date filling together.
- For more Middle Eastern and international recipes go to www.cookican.com
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?