Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Mama Hinda’s Challah
- 3½ cups bread flour
- ½ cup warm water (100° to 110°F)
- 2¾ teaspoons (1 package plus 2 teaspoons) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon plus ¼ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- ¼ cup vegetable oil, plus extra for oiling the bowl
- 1½ teaspoons kosher (coarse) salt
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- Vegetable oil or vegetable cooking spray, for greasing the baking sheet (or parchment paper)
- Egg wash: 1 egg yolk mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- Poppy seeds (optional)
Directions:View on Cookstr
Why don't we display directions?
|Amount Per Serving|
|Calories 102kcal (5%)|
|Total Fat 3g (5%)|
|Saturated Fat 0g (2%)|
|Cholesterol 22mg (7%)|
|Total Carbohydrate 15g|
|Dietary Fiber 1g|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|