Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Malt-Beer-Brined Turkey with Malt Glaze
- 2/3 cup barley malt syrup
- 1/4 cup malt vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 6 fresh sage sprigs
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 quarts water
- 2 cups Diamond Crystal coarse kosher salt or 1 1/2 cups Morton coarse kosher salt
- 3 12-ounce bottles stout beer (such as Guinness)
- 1 1/2 cups barley malt syrup
- 1 14- to 16-pound turkey
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 peeled onions, quartered
- 2 celery stalks, cut into chunks
- 1 bunch fresh sage
- 1 bunch fresh thyme
- 1 unpeeled head of garlic, cut crosswise in half
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups (or more) water
- Special equipment: 2 turkey-size oven bags
- Turkey lacing pins
- Charcoal chimney (if grilling)
- 13 x 9 x 2-inch disposable aluminum baking pan (to catch drips; if grilling)
- Ingredient info: Barley malt syrup has a flavor similar to molasses. Look for it at natural foods stores or buy it from edenfoods.com.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?