Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Making corny dogs at home
- 2 cups of yellow cornmeal
- 1/2 cup of flour plus more for dusting on the hot dogs
- 1 heaping teaspoon of fresh baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 cups of buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings or peanut oil
- 8 hot dogs
- Thin sticks with pointy ends (some people use chopsticks, I used sticks designated for candy apples.)
- 1 quart of peanut oil
Directions:View on Homesick Texan
Why don't we display directions?