Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
M. Jacque's Armagnac Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or vegetable oil (I used olive oil)
- 8 small thin-skinned potatoes, scrubbed and halved lengthwise (I used white potatoes)
- 3 medium onions, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, trimmed, peeled and thickly sliced on the diagonal
- salt and freshly ground white pepper (I used Kosher salt)
- 1 thyme sprig
- 1 rosemary sprig
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 chicken, about 3 1/2 pounds, preferably organic, trussed (or wings turned under and feet tied together with kitchen string), at room temperature
- 1/2 cup Armagnac (Cognac of other brandy) * Use Armagnac if at all possible. It imparts a very different flavor to the dish.
- 1 cup water
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?