Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Light Lemon Sponge Cake
- 1 or 2 cake tins 8x8inch
- NOTE: If you make one cake it won't cut in half because the sponge is too soft, therefore you must make 2 separate cakes.
- For EACH cake/tier ~ you will need double these ingredients
- 100g softened butter (1/2 fat or light)
- 175g self raising flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 2 eggs (whisked)
- 6tbsp whole/full fat milk
- 1 grated lemon rind
- For the Lemon Buttercream
- 55g butter (1/2 fat or light)
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 2tspns grated lemon rind
- 250g icing sugar
- To decorate (optional)
- Icing sugar
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?