Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Lentil Stew with Sausage
- 1/3 pound of bacon (about 5 thick slices), cut into 1-inch by 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium-large yellow or white onion, chopped (about 1 1/4 cups)
- 2-3 large carrots, diced (2/3 cup)
- 2-3 large ribs celery, diced (2/3 cup)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 1 pound brown or green dry lentils, rinsed and picked over to remove anything that shouldn't be there (like a small rock for example)
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups chicken stock* (can sub water for a total of 6 cups of liquid)
- 1/2 teaspoon dry thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 pound Italian sausage (mild, sweet, or spicy, your choice) or smoked sausage, in links (about 2-3 links)
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar (can sub cider vinegar)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, with a little extra for garnish
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?