Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Lentil Soup with Sausage, Chard, and Garlic
- 1/2 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 4 large links of sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casing (I used hot local pork sausage)
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 celery stalks, cut into crescents
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into crescents
- 4 cloves garlic, sliced (reserve half for later in the recipe)
- Kosher salt
- A pinch of crushed red pepper flakes (Optional - I did not use them since I substituted hot sausage)
- 1 cup brown lentils, sorted
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 6 cups water
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 to 4 cups shredded red Swiss chard leaves or kale (I used kale)
- Grated Pecorino Romano cheese
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?