Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Leek and Ginger Matzo Balls in Lemongrass Consomm
- 2 3 3/4- to 4-pound chickens, quartered
- 4 whole lemongrass stalks, halved lengthwise, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled, halved
- Peel of 1 large lime, cut off in strips with vegetable peeler
- 1/2 large white onion
- 1 6- to 7-inch piece large leek (white and pale green parts only), halved lengthwise
- 1 1-inch-long piece fresh ginger, peeled, halved
- 1 tablespoon (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 4 large eggs
- 1/3 cup finely chopped leek (white and pale green parts only)
- 1/3 cup chicken fat (reserved from consomm or purchased), melted, cooled
- 2 tablespoons chicken broth or club soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon finely grated peeled fresh ginger
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup unsalted matzo meal
- Chopped fresh chives
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?