Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Late-Summer Cherry Pie
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chilled solid vegetable shortening, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2/3 cup plus 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups pitted fresh cherries (about 2 1/2 pounds) or frozen pitted sweet dark cherries, thawed, drained (about 26 ounces frozen)
- 1 egg, beaten to blend with 2 teaspoons water (for glaze)
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?