Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Lamb Stew with Turkish Flavors
- 2 pounds lamb shoulder, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 7 cups reduced-sodium chicken stock or broth
- 1 (15-to 19-ounces) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves or minced dried Turkish apricots
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon Maras pepper plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon Urfa pepper plus more for sprinkling
- 1 1/2 pounds boiling potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 1/4 cup dried currants
- 1/4 cup chopped oregano
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- Accompaniment: rice
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?