Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Lamb Shank Stew with Root Vegetables
- Olive oil
- 3 lbs of lamb shanks, each shank cut into a couple of pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled
- 2 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 4 carrots, 2 coarsely chopped, 2 cut into 2-inch segments, and quartered lengthwise
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 3 cups chicken stock*
- Two 1x3-inch strips of orange zest
- 1 medium rutabaga, roughly chopped (1 1/2 inch pieces)
- 1 medium turnip, roughly sliced or chopped (1 inch pieces)
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?