Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Keller’s Roast Chicken
- One 4 to 4 1/2 pound chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed and peeled (smash with the side of a chef's knife, makes it easier to peel)
- 6 thyme sprigs
- 3 medium-sized rutabagas (also called "swedes"), ends cut and discarded, rutabagas peeled, and any outer tough layer discarded, then rutabagas cut into 3/4-inch wedges
- 2 medium-sized turnips, prepared the same way as the rutabagas
- 4 medium-sized carrots, peeled and cut in 2-inch segments
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled, roots cut off but core kept intact (see the photos for Frenching onions), other end cut off and discarded, the onion then cut into quarters
- 8 small red-skinned new potatoes
- About 1/3 cup olive oil or grapeseed oil (Keller uses canola oil, we prefer olive or grapeseed oil)
- 4 Tbsp butter, room temperature (spreadable)
- A large (11-inch if you have it) cast-iron frying pan
- Kitchen string
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?