Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Japanese Pork Soup
- 1 pound pork butt (or pork belly) cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 cups water
- one 4-square inch piece of kombu, wiped
- one 1-inch knob of ginger, peeled and cut into 8 rounds
- 8 ounces satsumaimo (Japanese sweet potato), peeled and cut into 1/2- inch cubes
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- one 10-inch length of gobo (burdock root), shredded
- 1/2 onion, sliced 2 tablespoons mirin 1/4 cup miso (white or red) 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- hot cooked short-grain sushi rice, for serving
Directions:View on PBS Food
Why don't we display directions?