Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Jalapeno Pepper Jelly
- 4 lbs of tart apples (e.g. Granny Smith), unpeeled, chopped into big pieces, including the cores
- 6 jalapeo chili peppers, sliced in half lengthwise, the seeds and ribs removed from 3 of them (for mildly hot jelly. If you want a hotter jelly leave the seeds and ribs in all of them.)
- 1 green bell pepper (or red if you want the color), seeds and ribs removed, chopped
- 1 cup cranberries (optional but recommended, will help with color and with setting)
- 3 cups water
- 3 cups white vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups sugar (7/8 cup for each cup of juice)
- One 6-quart pan (Stainless steel or copper with stainless steel)
- A candy thermometer
- A large fine mesh sieve (or several layers of cheesecloth, or a muslin cloth jelly bag)
- 4-5 half-pint canning jars
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?