Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Italian Pot Roast
- 3 1/2 to 4 pound rump or chuck beef roast
- 1 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 large celery stalk, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red onion, diced (1 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh sage
- 3 cups medium-bodied Italian red wine (we used a Barbera)
- 1 28-ounce can Italian plum tomatoes, put through a food mill to remove the seeds
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?