Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Irish Lamb Stew with a Twist
- 2 1/2 pounds lamb shoulder or shoulder blade chops, bone-in, trimmed of excess fat
- 6 slices bacon, thickly cut
- 2 pounds potatoes (Yukon gold preferred), peeled, quartered
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 2 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch segments
- 1 turnip, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 heaping tablespoons pearl barley (omit for gluten-free version)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 quart of water or lamb stock, warmed
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?