Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Indian-Style Potato and Pea Salad with Tamarind and Chat Masala
- 1 lb (450 g or 2 large) potatoes
- 1/2 lb (225 g or 1 large) sweet potatoes
- 3 to 4 tablespoons tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon chat masala
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen and slightly defrosted peas*
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, minced or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon chili pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon amchoor (optional)
- pinch or two of asafetida (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- handful of fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 to 3 green onions, trimmed and sliced
- *Note: if using fresh peas, boil slightly ahead of time until just tender.Instructions: Begin by roasting the potatoes and sweet potatoes in a 400° oven. Bake until fork tender — about 45 minutes depending on the size of your vegetables. Let cool.
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?