Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Indian-Spiced Chayote (Chow Chow) Rice
- 1 chayote
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons dried grated coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon tamarind paste (optional)
- 1 tablespoon ghee or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon urad dal
- 1 tablespoon chana dal
- 1/2 teaspoon brown mustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
- 3 whole cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- pinch of asafetida
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?