Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Ice Cream with Figs Poached in Port and Star Anise
- 1 750-mL bottle tawny Port
- 2 cups water
- 16 dried Calimyma figs, stemmed, each cut into 8 wedges
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 whole star anise*
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 8 4x1/2-inch strips lemon peel (yellow part only; from 2 lemons), removed with vegetable peeler
- 3 pints vanilla ice cream
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?