Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Hungarian Chocolate-Walnut Torte
- 3/4 cup sugar (if using half semisweet and half sweet chocolate) or 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar (if using all semisweet chocolate)
- 6 ounces fine-quality chocolate, preferably half dark sweet (sometimes labeled Germans Sweet Chocolate), and half semisweet, but all semisweet is also delicious; cut into small pieces
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 6 ounces shelled walnuts (1 3/4 to 2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons matzoh meal
- Optional accompaniments: Passover Confectioners Sugar (recipe below) or Chocolate Icing (recipe below); heavy cream, freshly whipped to soft drifts and barely or very lightly sweetened; or vanilla ice cream
- Optional garnish: walnut halves
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter or margarine
- 6 ounces fine-quality semisweet or bittersweet chocolate, cut into small pieces
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?