Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
How to Make Beef Stock
- 4-5 pounds meaty beef stock bones (with lots of marrow), including some knuckle bones if possible, cut to expose the center marrow, and include at least a couple veal bones if you can, for their gelatin
- 1 pound of stew meat (chuck or flank steak) and/or beef scraps, cut into 2-inch chunks
- Olive oil
- 1-2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1-2 large carrots, cut into 1-2 inch segments
- Handful of celery tops, or 1 large celery rib, cut into 1 inch segments
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, unpeeled
- Handful of parsley, stems and leaves
- 1-2 bay leaves
- 10 peppercorns
Directions:View on Simply Recipes
Why don't we display directions?