Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Hot Cross Buns
- 2 cups (8.8 ounces/250g) white bread flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 cups (8.8 ounces/250g) all-purpose white flour
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup warm milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (0.18 ounce/5g) instant yeast
- 2/3 cup (3.5 ounces/100g) raisins, currants, or golden raisins (or a mixture)
- Finely grated zest of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 heaping teaspoon each of cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice
- 2 teaspoons (0.35 ounce/10g) fine salt
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (1.8 ounces/50g) superfine sugar
- 1 medium free-range egg
- 3 1/2 tablespoons (1.8 ounces/50g) butter
- 6 tablespoons (1.8 ounces/50g) all-purpose white flour
- 7 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon apricot (or other) jam, sieved
- 1 tablespoon water
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?