Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Highland beef with pickled walnuts & puff pastry tops
- 375g pack ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg , beaten
- 1kg stewing beef , cut into 5cm/2in pieces, excess fat removed
- 2 garlic cloves , peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 x 440ml cans of dark stout such as Scottish Oatmeal Stout or Guinness
- 85g butter
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g smoked streaky bacon , roughly chopped
- 3 large Spanish onions , finely chopped
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 350ml port
- 390g jar pickled walnuts , halved (reserve 2 tbsp pickling vinegar)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley , plus extra to serve
Directions:View on BBC Good Food
Why don't we display directions?