Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Herb-and-Spice Southern Fried Chicken
- 2 frying chickens, weighing no more than 3 pounds each, cut up for frying
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (about 8 large cloves)
- 4 cups buttermilk or plain all natural yogurt, stirred until smooth
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- Lard or peanut oil, for frying
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon freshly milled black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried basil
- 2 teaspoons bay leaves ground to a powder (use a spice mill or blender)
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried sage
- 2 teaspoons crumbled dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?