Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Heirloom Tomato Tart in a Parmesan Crust
- 6 perfect, colorful, medium-sized heirloom tomatoes - washed and sliced 1/6-inch thick
- 1 t. fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted organic butter, well chilled + cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 4-ounce chunk of good fresh Parmesan, microplane-grated (you should end up with about 2 cups loosely packed grated cheese. Save any leftover grated cheese for sprinkling on the crusts when they come out of the oven.
- 2 T. ice cold water
- 2T. best quality extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup slivered basil
- Special equipment: tart pan(s), pie weights, paper towels
Directions:View on 101 Cookbooks
Why don't we display directions?