Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Gumbo Z'herbes Recipe
- 5 bunches greens, such as collard greens, chicory, dandelion greens, mustard greens, spinach, parsley, beet tops, carrot tops, or turnip tops (enough to equal about 3 pounds)
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 medium yellow onion, medium dice
- 1 bunch scallions, white and light green parts thinly sliced, green tops reserved for garnish
- 1 large green bell pepper, medium dice
- 4 celery stalks, medium dice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced (about 2 teaspoons)
- 2 cups water or low-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning (either purchased or
- 2 whole cloves
- 3 allspice berries
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon minced marjoram leaves
- Green Tabasco
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?