Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Guam "Volcano" Tuna (Pepper-Crusted Tuna with Ginger-Wasabi Dipping Sauce)
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder, or 1 tablespoon wasabi paste
- 1 piece (2 inches) fresh ginger, peeled (for 1 tablespoon grated)
- 1 lemon
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 scallion, both white and green parts, trimmed and sliced crosswise paper-thin
- 1 hot chile, thinly sliced crosswise (see Note)
- 4 tuna steaks (each about 1 1/2 inches thick and 6 to 8 ounces)
- 6 to 8 tablespoons cracked black peppercorns
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay seasoning
- Coarse salt (kosher or sea)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Lemon or lime wedges, for serving
- None; the beauty of this dish is its spontaneity. However, the dipping sauce can be prepared 1 hour ahead.
Directions:View on Epicurious
Why don't we display directions?