Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Grilled Flatbreads with Apples, Bacon, and Onion
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour plus more
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup coarsely grated cheddar, Gruyère, or Fontina cheese (2 ounces)
- Cayenne pepper
- Freshly grated nutmeg
- Kosher salt
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cut crosswise into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 red onion, root end intact, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 6 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 firm, tart apples, such as Cortland or Pink Lady, quartered, cored, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche or sour cream
- 1 1-pound store-bought pizza dough, room temperature
Directions:View on Bon Appetit
Why don't we display directions?