Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Green Pea Curry
- 1 teaspoon ghee, butter or oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece ginger, peeled and chopped
- 2 red chilies, seeded and chopped
- 2 - 3 tablespoons dried unsweetened coconut
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- 2 cups fresh unshelled green peas, boiled for a few minutes
- 1 tablespoon ghee, butter or oil
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 - 2 tablespoons fresh mint, finely chopped
- sea salt to taste
- fresh coriander or parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala/li> Instructions: Heat 1 teaspoon of ghee, butter or oil in a wok or a heavy-bottomed pan over medium heat. When hot, add the onions, garlic, ginger, red chilies and pumpkin seeds. Saut for a few minutes and remove from the heat. Remove to a spice or coffee grinder or small food processor, add the coconut and a little water, and grind or blend into a fine paste, adding water if necessary.
Directions:View on Lisa's Kitchen
Why don't we display directions?