Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Green Eggs and Ham
- 1 fully cooked and smoked ham, about 8 to 10 pounds
- 1/2 cup water or apple juice (I used water)
- 1 cup apple or mint jelly (I used mint jelly - it was green!)
- 3 medium tomatillos, husked and minced
- 1 cup minced cilantro leaves or 1/2 cup minced cilantro leaves and 1/2 cup minced parsley leaves (I used all cilantro)
- 4 ripe avocados
- Juice of 2 to 3 limes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white onion, minced (optional) I used the onion.
- 2 serrano chilies, seeded and minced (optional) I used the chilies.
- Cholula sauce (several drops to taste) (I added this as I felt it needed more flavor)
- Freshly ground black pepper (I added a few grinds of this)
- 4 ounces of butter or 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil or other light cooking oil, such as canola or sunflower (I used butter)
- 12 large eggs
Directions:View on Bunky Cooks
Why don't we display directions?