Food2Fork makes it easy to find great recipes.
Search by name or ingredients. View Top Socially Ranked Recipes.
Greek Lamb Braised with Tomatoes (Kokkinisto) Recipe
- 6 pounds bone-in lamb shoulder, lamb shank, or a combination of the two, cut into 3- to 4-inch pieces
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning the lamb
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 2 cups canned tomato sauce
- 2 cups plus 6 tablespoons water
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 pound #5 Greek macaroni, such as
- 2 tablespoons Greek olive oil
- 2 ounces aged myzithra cheese, finely grated
Directions:View on Chow
Why don't we display directions?